Alon Inditzky Obituary, Pilot Identified in Fatal Single-Engine Plane Crash on Beverly Crest Hillside

Alon Inditzky Obituary, Death – The man who was flying a single-engine plane that went down on a hillside in Beverly Crest on Saturday has been identified as a Woodland Hills resident who was 38 years old by the county coroner’s office. At approximately eight o’clock in the evening, a Cessna C172 that was piloted by Alon Inditzky perished in a crash on the steep hillside located in the 3000 block of Beverly Glen Circle in Beverly Crest. There were no reports of any further casualties.

The flight was originally scheduled to land at Camarillo Airport in Ventura County after taking off from Crown Aero (Bermuda Dunes) Airport in the Palm Springs region; however, the pilot was forced to make an alternate landing at Van Nuys Airport. After air traffic controllers lost radar contact with the plane at approximately 8:00 p.m., they asked the Los Angeles Fire Department to check the area near Stone Canyon Road and Mulholland Drive, which is just east of the 405 Freeway, according to officials with the Los Angeles Fire Department.

According to a statement released by the Los Angeles Fire Department, there were no calls to 911 reporting the incident. The hazy region was scoured by helicopters and ground teams of the LAFD for close to an hour until the debris was located at approximately 11:20 p.m. after crews tracked the emergency beacon transmitted by the jet.

The location of the collision was directly on top of a house in the 3000 block of Beverly Glen Circle. When Joubin Solemani and his family were relaxing at home, they were startled by the sound of a loud crash. According to him, the plane narrowly avoided hitting a water tower as well as at least two houses.

“At first, we suspected it was a traffic collision. But when we went outside to have a look, there was nothing there. “We had no idea what in the world it could possibly be,” Solemani said on Sunday. After that, search and rescue personnel arrived and spread themselves out around the slope. On Monday morning, there was no information available about what led up to the accident. The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board will conduct the investigation.